5 QUICK STEPS ON HOW TO BECOME AN UBER DRIVER IN AUSTRALIA SIGNUP REQUIREMENTS 2017 – EZYDRIVER
Becoming an Uber driver is as easy as signing up here, submitting your documents, getting approved and you are on the road. The minimum age to drive for Uber Australia is 21 years old. Thinking of driving for Uber in Australia and not sure it’s the right choice for you? The following information below will assist you in gaining knowledge of what is required to drive as an Uber driver in Australia and see if you qualify.
Here are some of the reasons why you should be driving for Uber Australia:
Driving for Uber has the following advantages: Flexibility, Work under no supervision, meet new people and potential business partners if you are someone trying to increase your business or customer network. Driving for Uber gives you the opportunity to see places you’ve never been in your city or know events you make not be aware are happening.
How to I Become an Uber Driver Essential Steps required to drive:
Step 1. UBER DRIVER AUSTRALIA REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Driver’s License for the state you want to drive.
- Valid current full license held for at least 12 months. If you have recently moved from another state, you may have to verify your driving history. Keep your out-of-state driver’s license. You might need it.
- Must not have licence suspensions or extended demerit point periods’ in the past 3 years.
- Must not have had any drug or alcohol infractions in the past 10 years.
- Vehicle insurance.
- F and T Extension or Driver Accreditation Certificate (Depending on State).
- Special Purpose Accreditation (Depending on State).
- MTMH Accreditation (Required for UberBLACK ) (Depending on State).
- Passport or birth certificate.
- Some States require omnibus registration.
- Police Clearance: Must not have any offences on your police record (unless a DUI greater than 10 years ago or trac oence greater than 3 years ago – maximum 1 of either allowed).
- You must not have had any fatal accidents
- No history of reckless driving.
- Have No criminal history.
BECOME A DRIVER
Step 2. UBER AUSTRALIA VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be no older than 9 years old.
- Vehicle must have 4 or more doors.
- The vehicle must have seats plus seat belts for 4 passengers.
- Vehicle must not have any decals, commercial branding or taxi colour paint.
- The vehicle cannot be an ex-licenced taxi.
- No salvaged vehicles
- Pass Uber vehicle inspection.
- The car must be currently registered, but your name does not have to be on the registration.
BECOME A DRIVER
Don’t have the right vehicle for Uber or looking to upgrade?
Don’t stress…You can either rent a car or speak to our aliate finance provider.
What if I want to drive for Uber BLACK, UberXL, UberLux, UberSUV?
(List of approved vehicles)
Step 3. ONLINE UBER DRIVER SIGNUP
Once you have all documents in place register on the uber website or use our affiliate link below for a bonus on signup.
Step 4. WAITING FOR UBER DRIVER BACKGROUND CHECKS
Uber Australia usually take up to two weeks to perform their background checks and once you submit your documents mentioned above, they will do the following.
Step 5. ESSENTIAL UBER DRIVER TOOLS
The following are some of the tools most drivers acquire before they start their journey as Uber drivers. It is recommended that you purchase these while you wait for the police checks and driver history is being done such that the moment you are approved you can hit the road running.
- Phone Holder / Cradle
- Phone Charger with Aux Cord
- FM Transmitter
- Ulturapro Car backseat Cooler Bag
- Ulturapro Ten Pack Vomit Bag
- LED Cree tactical flashlight torch
- Ulturapro car bin trash bag
Alternative buy the Uberdriver kit that fits your budget – Uberdriver Kit
Step 6: How Much do Uber Drivers in Australia Earn?
The average Uber driver makes between $20-$45 /hr depending on which product they drive i.e UberX, UberXL, UberBlack. UberLux or UberTaxi. Some drivers like Chris can make upto $3,000 /wk however, we cannot guarantee this as some drivers struggle to make $700/wk. It all depends on when you drive, where you drive and what tips and tricks you have up your sleeve that others don’t have. We have an Uber Income calculator below that helps you estimate how much you can potentially make as an Uber Driver in Sydney ( NSW)
, Melbourne (Victoria)
, Brisbane (QLD
), Perth (WA)
We have a calculator that can help you estimate how much you’ll earn based on the hours you wish to drive.
BECOME A DRIVER
Q: When working for Uber Australia am I an employee and will they pay for my Superannuation?
A: No you are not an employee, Uber Australia treats you like a contractor that’s why you are required to obtain an Australian Business Number
Q: So how is my tax handled, with they give me a tax group certificate at the end of the year?
A: Because you are a contractor you handle your own tax affairs and Uber Australia does not pay any PAYG Tax on your behalf
Q: Can I drive a friends car if i drive Uber in Australia
A: Yes you may use a friend’s, family member or rental vehicle for Uber so long it is an eligible vehicle and you are listed on the Insurance
Q: How does Uber pay drivers?
A: Uber will pay you on a weekly basis depending on whether you’ve made income that week. The payment will be deposited into your account
Q: Does Uber Pay for Tolls?
A: Yes Uber will pay for the Tolls you go through whilst on a trip with a rider only.
Drive Uber in Perth
Start to drive Uber in Sydney
Join to drive Uber in Brisbane
Driver Uber in Melbourne
How does Uber Work
How Much do Uber Drivers Earn- Income Calculator
Calculate Uber GST
Uber vs Taxi Fare Estimator
Estimate Uber Trip Fare – Calculator