How important is the rider’s rating for an Uber driver? – Ezydriver
Every time that a driver drops off a rider, it is very important for the rider to rate and leave feedback. It is very important for the Uber drivers to have a rating of 3.8 and above no matter how many trips they have made. Uber gives the drivers only two chances to fall below the threshold. When they fall below, the driver’s will be required to go for refresher lessons. If this happens the third time, the driver’s will have their accounts deactivated.
Ratings are very important for the customer base and you will note that good ratings bring in more riders. Each driver has to struggle to get good ratings because any bad rating would not only reflect badly for Uber, but also affect other drivers. Rides will become less and that means lower profit margins for the driver partners.
The ratings are calculated in such a way that they are an average of your total number of ratings. When the rider reaches his destination, the rating screen appears for them to rate. In cases where there were cancellations and trips not completed, rating cannot be done. As a rider, you can access your ratings by going to your driver app or dashboard in your Uber account, partners.uber.com.
No driver would want to have their account deactivated. Below we are going to look at some of the things that can make you get good ratings. Remember that at times you can do everything right and still end up with low ratings.
- Quality – you need to ensure that you offer your passengers quality service that will make them want to use you again.
- Safety – always ensure that there is utmost safety whenever you are working. Take all the necessary precautions to avoid anything that could threaten the safety of the passengers.
- Discrimination – you should treat all of your customers without discrimination. Things like race, sex, disability, age or religion should never change the way that you treat the customers. At the end of the day they are all paying customers that will end up rating your services.
- Grooming – you need to look professional when offering your services. Nobody would want to ride with a driver smelling of sweat or spotting an unkempt beard.
- Only talk to the passenger if they want to, and try to keep it as light as possible. It is easy for you to determine whether they want to talk and when they don’t feel like it. If the passenger gives you one word responses, they are most likely not in the mood to talk.
- Ensure that your car is clean at all times. Put emphasis on the windows, handles, buttons and the floor.
- Use your GPS even if you know the route like the back of your hand. Ask the passengers their preferred route and whether they are ok with you following the GPS.
- Do not handle your phone while driving, it makes the passengers feel unsafe. They most likely won’t mention it to you, but the rating will call you out.
- Avoid habits like smoking in your car, even during breaks. It makes the passengers feel like they are in a taxi.
- Always have charging cables. Life revolves around smartphones and you would be giving your clients a lifeline.
- Avoid harassing passengers.
- Avoid picking up the wrong passengers.
- Avoid inefficient routes.
We could go on all day but those are some of the things that you can do to get good ratings.
How to drive Uber in Perth
How to drive Uber in Melbourne
How to drive Uber in Sydney
How to drive Uber in Brisbane
How does Uber Work
How to signup for Uber in Australia
Uber Income Calculator
Uber GST Calculator